DAY 2, 2nd Seating: 8-Course East Meets West Feast
Tuome is a 2 Star NY Times Critics' Pick helmed by Chef/Owner Thomas Chen, who grew up in the restaurant world. His parents emigrated from China to the US and opened a Cantonese eatery just outside NYC. But, they had different plans for their son, so Chef Chen began his professional career as an accountant. It didn't take long for him to realize that he wasn't cut out for a life of number crunching, and he realized that cooking was his higher calling. At Tuome, Chef Chen is focused on creating inventive new American cuisine, but he also manages to blend in aspects of the Chinese cuisine from his upbringing. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event and Chef Chen will be coming out throughout the feast to introduce the dishes and share stories.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening his own place, Chef Thomas Chen honed his craft working in the kitchen at Eleven Madison Park; #1 on the 2017 list of the World's 50 Best Restaurants.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Watermelon & Ricotta
with farro and chrysantheum
Chicken Liver Mousse
with maple syrup and milk bread
Crispy Deviled Egg
with general tuome's honey and herb ranch
Shrimp On Chip
with smoked crème fraiche and "everything" spice
with noodle, squash, and dashi butter
with red quinoa, herb sauce, and bibb lettuce
Beignet Ice Cream Sandwich
with goat's milk caramel
536 E 5th St.
New York, NY 10009
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.