The Fat Radish
2nd Seating: 8-Course Welcoming Summer Feast
On the Lower East Side's Orchard Street, acclaimed chef Nick Wilber has transformed an old sausage factory into one of NYC's brightest stars in the farm-to-table culinary genre. Admittedly, farm-to-table is an overused term, but The Fat Radish, which opened back in 2009, was one of the pioneers of the movement. It embodies farm-to-table through and through, as evident by a vegetable-centric menu that adapts seasonally based on what its farm partners have to offer. Chef Wilber (see his full bio below), who previously served as Chef de Partie for Daniel Boulud, has crafted a special menu for us that features a mix of favorites from his Spring Menu and new dishes he's been working on for his upcoming Summer Menu; he's excited to give us a sneak peek of the summer menu and get our feedback! As usual, Chef Wilber will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share stories and participate in a Q&A during dessert.
About the Host:
Chef Wilber got his start working for James Beard award-winning chef, Bradford Thompson, at Mary Elaine’s at the Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. After several years there, he ventured to NYC where he served as Chef de Partie for Chef Daniel Boulud. He joined The Fat Radish team in 2009.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be plated individually.
Fried String Beans
with anchovy dip
with natural dressing, burnt garlic, and chives
Tuna and Watermelon Salad
with roasted shallot thai chili dressing, ginger, and cilantro
Heirloom Tomato Salad
with buttermilk dressing and fried capers
Roasted Hen of the Woods Mushrooms
with tamari and juniper butter
Grass-Fed Beef Sirloin Caps
with new potatoes and arugula chimichurri
with summer squash and cherry tomatoes
with summer berries and meringue
The Fat Radish
17 Orchard St
New York, NY 10002
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.