The Duck Inn
DAY 2: 8-Course Revisiting Roots Feast
Acclaimed chef Kevin Hickey hails from a family whose history in Bridgeport, the South Side’s iconic neighborhood, goes back five generations. So, it made perfect sense for him to return to his roots following the enormous success he'd experienced, first as Executive Chef at several five-star hotels and then as chef/owner of some of Chicago’s most lauded eateries (reference his bio below). In 2014, he opened The Duck Inn, named for a modest Depression-era lunch counter run by his great-grandmother and housed in a colorful pre-Prohibition era Bridgeport tavern that has continually operated for almost a century. Here, Hickey delights diners with seasonally driven modern American cuisine embellished by flavorful Polish and Lithuanian touches. We will be taking over the entire restaurant for this event and Chef Hickey will emerge from the kitchen throughout the evening to answer your questions and talk about Chicago, family history, and, of course, all things duck.
About the Host:
Chef & Owner
Prior to opening The Duck Inn, Chef Hinkey ran several other incredibly successful restaurants in Chicago: Allium and Bottlefork. Before that, he ran the kitchen at the Four Seasons, where his cooking earned two consecutive Michelin Stars.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be plated individually.
Pig Head Candy Bar
with sungold tomato jam and dill aioli
Chicago-Style Duck Fat Dog
with house pickle
with green almond, oyster, and green strawberry
with activated charcoal mayo, shishito pepper, lemon and cucumber
Spaghetti and Snails
with black garlic pasta and nasturtium pistou
with radish, fava beans and squash
with duck fat potatoes, baby kale and lemon vinaigrette
Foie Gras and Peanut Butter Cannoli
with powdered sugar
The Duck Inn
2701 South Eleanor St
Chicago, IL 60608
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.