Table, Donkey and Stick
DAY 2: 8-Course Alpine Inspired Feast
Located in Logan Square, Table, Donkey and Stick has garnered widespread acclaim from the food press including selections by Michelin as a 2018 Bib Gourmand and by Chicago Magazine as one of the city's best restaurants. This hotspot is all about honoring the eating and drinking traditions of the Alps. Its unusual name is derived from a Grimm’s fairy tale, too long to recount here, but the concept is accessible and distinctive: it is meant to recall those inns known as berghaus that offer hospitality to hikers. In other words, think ‘warm’ and ‘cozy,’ with a menu inspired by the cuisines of France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and Slovenia. Executive Chef Justin Moser (full bio below) just recently took the reigns in kitchen, and he's eager to share with us his new culinary vision for the restaurant and get our feedback. And, of course, Chef Moser will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share stories and participate in a Q&A with attendees during dessert!
About the Host:
Chef Moser has over 10 years of culinary experience in Chicago. He was an opening member of the kitchen team at Trenchermen, Butcher at Bangers and Lace, Production Manager at Gilt Bar, and, most recently, Chef de Cuisine at Salero.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be plated individually.
with baguette, satsuma jam, jiardiniere, and mustard
Crispy Potato Latkes
with spicy garlic aioli
with pickled beets, deviled egg, and fried chicken jus
with boudin noir, sauce gribiche, and green almond
with crab fat, smoked potato, and green garlic pesto
Grilled Green Acres Carrots
with chamomile aioli, rye crumb, and foie gras
Grilled Pork Belly
with fermented ramps and schnitzel purée
with strawberries, black pepper crumb, and basil
Table, Donkey and Stick
2728 West Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.