DAY 2, 1st Seating: 6-Course Dreaming of Tokyo Dinner Series
Opened in late 2018 on Avenue A in the East Village, TabeTomo is Chef Tomo Kubo’s deeply felt tribute to tsukemen. This dish, widely popular in Japan but lesser known on our shores, is a distinctive variation of ramen in which room temperature noodles are dipped into an ultra-hot, ultra-rich broth. Chef Kubo, who previously worked at the Tokyo location of Tsujita and was head chef of its two L.A. locations, simmers his broth for over 60 hours. The resulting essence is complex and deeply satisfying. The accompanying noodles are thicker than your usual ramen noodles, making them better able to sop up that unforgettable broth, and additions like eggs, pork belly, greens, and dried seaweed are on hand to dress things up, if so desired. Traditional Jiro-style ramen is also served here, as well as Donburi (rice bowl) options. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and together we will discover and savor Chef Kubo’s signature dish, as he discusses his love for all things ramen.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
A Toyko native, Chef Tomo Kubo honed his craft at Tsujita--one of Japan's most revered ramen empires--before being brought to the US to serve as head chef at two of the chain's LA locations. He opened TabeTomo in December 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Salmon & Ikura Sashimi
with crackers and homemade tartar sauce
crispy chicken skin served with assorted homemade sauces
japanese-style fried chicken served with assorted homemade sauces
traditional japanese omelet with special ankake sauce
japanese dipping ramen with signature 60-hour pork broth, with slices of chashu, marinated soft-boiled egg, and veggies
Japanese Creme Brulee
rich japanese milk custard with caramelized sugar topping
131 Avenue A
New York, NY 10009
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.