9-Course New Americana Feast
At Split Rail, Chef/Owner Zoë Schor is focused on both recreating and reinventing the classic American comfort food she grew up eating as a kid. Her goal is to create a shared nostalgic feeling among diners, thereby fostering a sense of connection. However, she also wants to incorporate her own culinary flare into her food, the result of which is cuisine she's dubbed "New Americana". Making tweaks to food that we already have a strong childhood affinity to is a bold and risky undertaking. One could argue that if it ain't broke, why fix it? However, given Chef Schor's ridiculously impressive resume that includes stints with Chef Thomas Keller and Chef Tom Collichio, we have zero doubt that her risk-taking pays off. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event, and Chef Scor will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to introduce the courses and share stories!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening Split Rail, Chef Schor worked in many of the country's top restaurants including Bouchon and Craft. Most recently, she served as Executive Chef at Ada St.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be served family-style and some will be individually plated. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
with prime sirloin, corned beef, thousand island dressing, and gruyere crisp
with spicy green sauce and greek yogurt
Leafy Green Salad
with heirloom lettuces, point reyes bay blue cheese, green goddess dressing, and garlic breadcrumbs
Duck Liver Mousse
with publican quality bread and pickled apples
Roasted Vegetable Medley
with hook's 2 year cheddar cheese sauce
Loaded Baked Potato Gnocchi
with nueske's bacon, sour cream, hook's 3 year cheddar, and crispy potato skins
Braised Pot Roast
with red wine reduction and potato puree
Crispy Pulled Pork
with stewed white beans, country ham, and pork jus
Olive Oil Cake
with malted barley ice cream
2500 W. Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.