5-Course Ode To Acadiana Tasting Event
Very new (March 2022) and much anticipated, this Cajun-styled eatery from Justin Cheney, an alumnus chef of the popular tapas joint Boqueria, is an homage to the formative years he spent in Louisiana. There, in the Pelican State, he grew up in a sportsman’s paradise, surrounded by hunters, fishermen, farmers and others whose heritage, culture, and livelihood depended on the land. Now, in an historic 1936 home in the Maxwell neighborhood, Chef Cheney is drawing on that legacy of real good food to turn out the dishes he has always loved: boudin and andouille sausages, gumbo, po’boys, beignets, and bread pudding. “There is no formality behind it, it is really just about cooking food and sharing it with people and trying to make other people feel good,” Cheney says. “Comfort would be one way to describe it. It is very typical Southern Cajun food.” Sounds like just what the doctor ordered, and we’re excited to try Chef Cheney’s Cajun fare and hear his story about growing up in bayou country.
About the Host:
Hailing from Ascension Parish, Louisiana, Chef Justen Cheney grew up around cajun cooking. A decade working for and learning from restrauneurs and chefs in New Orleans, Nashville, and New York City (at restaurants including Peg Leg Porker BBQ, Boqueria Spanish restaurant in Manhattan, and A&E Supply Co. in Brooklyn, NY) honed his skills and ignited his passion for the cuisine of his childhood, inspiring him to strike out on his own and open Spicy Boy's in March, 2022.
All courses will be individually plated.
Arugula & Oyster Salad
with red and green onions and sherry vinaigrette
In-House Sausage Sampler
andouille and boudin sausages with abita beer mustard and pickles
with cajun chicken and smoked andouille served with rice and green onion
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
with sauteed okra
Sweet, Savory, and a Bit Boozy
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
924 Mcferrin Ave
Nashville, TN 37206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to pork or seafood. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.