DAY 1, 2nd Seating: 6-Course Modern Locavore Dinner Series
Growing up in a self-described loud Italian family in Philly, D’Ambro honed his skills at Vetri and Talula’s Garden before becoming Executive Chef of Flora’s Field Kitchen in San José de Cabo, Mexico—considered one of the best true ‘farm to table’ restaurants in the world. Returning from Mexico in 2016, D'Ambro bought Southwark, a Queens Village institution which helped kick-start the city's cocktail revolution in the early 2000s. D’Ambro infused this classic American tavern with his locavore philosophy and Italian roots while maintaining its deserved reputation for excellent mixed drinks and beautiful mahogany bar. Restaurant critic Craig LaBan describes D’Ambro as “at his best when focused on seasonal bounty,” having built a space where "he has the luxury to pursue his passions, experiment, and hone a distinctive voice.” We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event, and Chef D’Ambro will be on hand to share stories and participate in a Q&A with attendees.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America, Chef D'Ambro first cooked in Wilmington, DE, and then moved to Philly to serve as Sous Chef at Talula's Garden and later Executive Chef at Talula's Table. He then jumped at the opportunity to relocate to San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, and serve as Executive Chef at the renowned Flora's Field Kitchen, before returlning to Philly to open his own sister restaurants: Southwark and Ambra.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with bitter greens and 15-year balsamic vinegar
with burrata and trout roe
Polenta di Riso
with shellfish and saffron
Handmade Potato Gnocchi
with tomato braised pork ragu
Braised Lamb Neck
with potatoes and rosemary
with local orchard pear and hazelnuts
701 S 4th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.