2nd Seating: 8-Course Japanese Meets Jewish Feast
Brunch is back! We're very excited to be teaming up with Chef/Owners Aaron Israel and Sawako Okochi to bring you what will undoubtedly be a very special 2-Seating Brunch Series. Don't expect your typical brunch menu with this one, as the cuisine this married couple serves is unlike anything you'll experience elsewhere. They each bring their own cultures and diverse cooking backgrounds together to create an entirely unique cuisine that manages to both highlights their respective Jewish and Japanese roots and meld them together to create Jewish/Japanese cuisine that is entirely their own. We know... It sounds kind of crazy, but clearly it works, as this WIlliamsburg staple has garnered widespread acclaim from the critics including selections as a NY Times Critics' Pick and a Michelin Bib Gourmand for 4 years straight! As always, Chef Israel will be coming out of the kitchen throughout both seatings to share stories, introduce the dishes, and participate in a Q & A during dessert.
About the Hosts:
Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Okochi began her culinary career working in the kitchen at Annisa under acclaimed Chef Anita Lo. She spent 5 years there, rising ranks to become Sous Chef. She then went on to serve as Executive Chef at acclaimed Red Hook eatery, Good Fork.
Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Israel got his culinary start in NYC cooking at fine dining restaurants such as August, under Chef Tony Liu, and A Voce, under Chef Andrew Carmellini. He then went on to serve as opening Sous Chef at Torrisi Italian Specialties and, later, Executive Chef at Mile End.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be plated individually and some will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
Challah French Toast
with sake kasu
Japanese fried chicken with rosemary honey
with creme fraiche and lox
Shalom Japan Sliders
with teriyaki bacon jam
Rustic Fried Potatoes
with crack sauce
Shalom Japan Caesar Salad
with za'atar pita crumbs
Pastrami Fried Rice
with shiso and coconut
310 South 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $55 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.