DAY 1: 8-Course Modern Basque Feast
Located In the heart of the West Loop on bustling Randolph Street, Salero offers an upscale, yet casual dining experience devoted to the flavors of Spain's Basque region. At the helm in the kitchen is Chef/Owner Ashlee Aubin, who also owns the critically acclaimed eatery, Wood, in Lakeview. With Salero, Chef Aubin incorporates much of the culinary complexity and sophistication that he learned in the kitchen at Alinea, where he worked as Chef de Partie under legendary Chef Grant Achatz (see his full bio below). We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event, and Chef Aubin will, as always, be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share stories and participate in a Q&A during dessert!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Ashlee Aubin has been cooking in Chicago kitchens for over a decade. Prior to opening his two restaurants - Salero and Wood - he honed his craft cooking in the kitchens at Home Bistro, Zealous, and, most recently, Alinea.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be plated individually and some will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
Smoked Pork Croquettes
with mojo verde and pickled onions
Pan Con Tomate
with anchovy, burrata, and smoked olive oil
Harissa Roasted Cauliflower
with fromage blanc and fried oregano
with cucumber, citrus, and sofrito vinaigrette
Smoked Pork Belly
with herbs, chilis, and butter lettuce
Confit Potato Gratin
with mushrooms, tetilla cheese, and butternut squash
Grilled Butiffara Sausage
with potato and apple
Chocolate Tres Leches
with banana gelato and piloncillo caramel
621 W Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60661
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.