8-Course Inventive Pan-Asian Feast
Chef/Owner Stephen Gillanders, who cooked for ten years under fabled chef Jean-Georges Vongrichten in NYC, grew up in L.A. and always envisioned opening a restaurant in his hometown. But, during his tenure at Lincoln Park’s Intro, the ground-breaking restaurant that served as an incubator for a series of talented young chefs, Chef Gillanders and his wife fell in love with Chicago and decided that this was where their dream restaurant should be. And so S.K.Y., which is named after Chef Gillanders' wife Seon Kyung Yuk, was born in Pilsen less than year ago. The restaurant features Asian-inflected dishes that are so inventive that Time Out gives the restaurant a full five stars, lauding the menu for its “…alchemy of meticulous skill, humor and heart.” We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event and Chef Gillanders will be stepping out of the kitchen throughout the evening to talk about his work and take your questions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Gillanders spent 10 years cooking for Jean-Georges Vongerichten, where he worked his way up from Sous Chef to Corporate Chef and was responsible for opening several of the famed chefs restaurants. Prior to opening S.K.Y., he cooked at Intro, Lettuce Entertain You's esteemed chef-in-residence pop-up concept, from Lettuce Entertain.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with olive oil butter and black pepper
with garlic soy, sesame salt, and chili
with fermented hot sauce and creamed corn
Japanese Gem Salad
with shiitake dressing, bubu, and bottarga
with charred vegetables and mushroom bulgogi
Crackling Beef Short Rib
with smoked gochujang and succotash
with black truffle dip
with strawberries and basil
1239 W 18th St
Chicago, IL 60608
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.