2nd Seating: 6-Course Modern Colombian Dinner Series
Residents of LeDroit Park love to settle into Royal, a neighborhood tavern that is open from early morning to late-night and that serves great food with a South American flare. Co-owner Paul Carlson’s mother is Colombian, and so arepas and plantains are on the menu, along with fantastic grilled avocado. Chef Cable Smith, who most recently was chef de cuisine at RAMMY-nominated Requin in the Mosaic District, grew up in New Mexico and has an affinity for south-of-the-border food, which he elevates to new heights. "We want people to be wowed when their food hits the table,” he says. Whatever he is doing clearly works, for The Infatuation says, “It’s a place we keep coming back to because every time we go we leave feeling better than when we came in.” Soon, it will be our turn to settle into Royal, as we take over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Smith comes in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions, share his secrets, and promote his food passions.
About the Host:
A native of Albuquerque, NM, Chef Smith attended the Texas Culinary Academy before cutting his teeth in some of Austin's best kitchens: Juniper & Ivy, Empire State South, Staplehouse, and Foreign & Domestic. Moving to the DC area, he served as Chef de Cuisine at Requin, before joining the team at Royal in 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with chile guajillo, sesame, citrus, and avocado
Grilled Cabbage Wedge
with crema, lime, cilantro, and pine nuts
with hatch chile, pickles, and house tortilla
Grilled Chicken Pinchos
with pineapple, palm sugar, salsa roja, and peanuts
Dry Aged Short Rib
with plantain mole, mango, lime-pickled onion, and pepitas
with yogurt ice cream, lime salt, and sugar
501 Florida Ave NW
Washington, DC, DC 20001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.