DAY 2: 9-Course Nouveau Mexican Feast
Quiote is an ode to the agave, the flavors of the various regions of Mexico, and the stories of the artisans and producers behind it all. The all-day concept focuses on modern Mexican cuisine that is complemented by local ingredients sourced from over a dozen local farms. Chef/Owner Dan Salls (more on him below) offers a constantly evolving menu that perfectly straddles the line between authenticity and experimentation. Since opening their doors a little less than a year ago, the restaurant has garnered widespread acclaim including recognition as one of Chicago Magazine's best new restaurants of 2017 and selection as a 2018 Michelin Bib Gourmand. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event and Chef Salls will, of course, be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to introduce the food, share stories, and participate in a Q&A!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Salls's culinary journey began in 2013 when he quit his white-collar job to open The Salsa Truck, which quickly became wildly popular. Quiote is his first brick-and-mortar establishment.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be plated individually and some will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
with uni, hot sauce, and mustard seeds
with burnt chile, grapefruit, and sunchoke
with tomatillo, apple, quinoa, and cotija
with pumpkin seed, serrano, and burnt sourdough
with escarole, jalapeno, apple, and queso fresco
Clams & Mussels
with crispy rice, pasilla, mint, and grilled orange
Chicken en Mole
with carrots and granola
with milk jam and burnt cinnamon
with banana, peanut, and piloncillo
2456 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.