2nd Seating: 8-Course Contemporary Indian Feast
Trained as a microbiologist in her native India, Chef Anita Jaisinghani switched from the scientific to the culinary when she moved to Houston over 20 years ago, and is now one of Houston's most recognized chefs. She owns two wildly popular restaurants in Houston and has been nominated for four James Beard Best Chef Awards! Chef Jaisinghani opened her NY outpost about a year and a half ago as her first expansion outside Houston, and the response from the critics here has been nothing short of incredible (selected as both a NY Times and NY Mag Critics' Pick). We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event series and Chef Jaisinghani will be flying in from Houston to introduce the dishes, share stories, and participate in a Q&A during dessert!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Jaisinghani's culinary career began as a pastry cook at Houston’s famous Café Annie. From there she went on to open two wildly popular restaurnats in Houston: Indika and Pondicheri. She is a four-time James Beard Best Chef Southwest nominee and is currently nominated for Pondicheri in Houston.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be plated individually.
Saag & Corn Samosa
with tomato chutney
Texas Shrimp Chaat
with pickled shrimp, cilantro chutney, tamarind chutney, and cumin yogurt
Smoked Eggplant & Potato Sabzi
with spinach roti
chicken curry with tomato, fenugreek, garam masala, and cilantro chutney
Indo-Chinese Peanut Noodles
with peppers, carrots, and onions
served with rice in a coconut curry sauce
paneer and cauliflower in a cashew-scented cream masala curry
Patel G Ice Cream Sandwiches
with bournvita ice cream
15 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.