2nd Seating: 6-Course Modern Iberian Dinner Series
A visit to Peninsula, established in 2017, evokes time spent on the Iberian Peninsula, with strong influences from Spanish, Portuguese, and French cuisines. Executive Chef/Co-Owner Jake Howell, who worked under James Beard Award winner Renee Erickson at Seattle’s renowned The Walrus and the Carpenter, focuses on sustainable, local ingredients and dishes that are expressive of the Iberian region, like rabbit, pork cheek, and piment d’espelette, a smoky Basque pepper that is similar to paprika. And let’s not forget the special menu of Spanish gin-and-tonics. This “national drink” comes in many forms, with boosters like tarragon, cloves, and rosemary, and is poised to surprise and delight. No surprise then that the Nashville Scene heralded Peninsula in 2017 as “an early contender for the best new restaurant of the year.” And guess what? In 2018, Eater Nashville made that prediction come true when, in fact, it named Peninsula Nashville’s “Restaurant of the Year.” We will be taking over Peninsula for the evening, and Chef Howell will be on hand to answer your questions and share his passion for Iberian cooking.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A native of Sandpoint, Idaho, Chef Howell honed his chops in Seattle at several of the city's most-lauded eateries – Bar Melusine and The Walrus & the Carpenter. Since landing in Nashville, he's gained widespread acclaim at Peninsula as the recipient of Springer Mountain Farm’s “Celebrate the Chef” award, as well as Eater Nashville’s Restaurant of the Year 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Salmon Roe & Sourdough
with lemon butter and grilled seeded sourdough
Classic Peninsula Salad
with soft herbs and spanish sherry
with radicchio salsa and horseradish
Marinated Navy Beans
with caramelized squid and yeast stock
Squid Ink Chicken Thighs
with parsley sauce, spicy sauce, burnt bread sauce, charred lemon, and seasonal pickles
Coffee Panna Cotta
with tamarind and vanilla oil
1035 Eastland Ave
Nashville, TN 37206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to pork. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.