DAY 1: 8-Course Authentic Piemontese Feast
Italy’s Piedmont region, which sits at the foot of the Alps, bordering France and Switzerland, is renowned for cuisine that features egg-rich pastas, extraordinary cheeses, and superb wines. Scottish-born Chef Cameron Grant cooked in this region for almost three years before moving to the U.S. to run Fresco 21 in Rosemont. Then he met Aldo Zaninotto, veteran of Chicago restaurants like Carlucci and Savarin, who harbored a special affection for Piemontese wines. A friendship was born, and, soon after, Osteria Langhe opened its doors in Logan Square. Since then, the restaurant has garnered widespread acclaim from the food press, including praise from Time Out, who said that “Osteria Langhe has elevated Chicago’s Italian restaurant scene.” Time Out also featured the restaurant on their 20 Best Italian Restaurants in America list in 2017! As usual, we'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event series and Chef Grant will be coming out of the kitchen frequently to discuss his passion for all things Piemontese and participate in a Q&A with attendees.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Grant, who grew up in Scotland, has been cooking professionally for over 20 years. His obsession with Piemontese cuisine began when he moved to the region to serve as Executive Chef at Profumo Divino in Treiso. While in Trieso, he also staged at the famed Michelin-Starred restaurant, La Ciau Del Tornavento.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be plated individually.
mixed greens with tomato, cucumber, olive vinaigrette, and crispy parmesan
poached piemontese beef with tuna citrus caper aioli, frisee, and crispy egg
grilled octopus with pork belly, pepper ragu, and crispy potato
hand pinched ravioli with la tur, parmesan, thyme, and butter
house made tajarin noodles with northern meat ragu and grana padano
prosciutto wrapped rabbit loin with mushrooms, pork belly, leeks, fontina, crispy polenta, and truffle jus
roasted pork loin with chicken sausage, red wine, capers, olives, rosemary, and crispy potato
with fresh fruit and chocolate ganache
2824 W Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with celiac (gluten sensitive can be accommodated). Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.