2nd Seating: 6-Course Istanbul Inspired Dinner Series
Noosh, in Farsi, means ‘lovely and attractive’ and, indeed, that describes this new Pacific Heights eatery, with its whitewashed walls, abundant light, and Greek Islands vacation vibe. Over the past three years, married chefs Laura and Sayat Ozylimaz—alums of Saison (three-Michelin starred), Mourad (one Michelin star) and the legendary Eleven Madison Park-- have been the team behind the wildly popular pop-up Istanbul Modern SF. There, they have developed their vision of serving San Franciscans food from the regions of the former Ottoman Empire, which include Turkey, Morocco, Georgia, and Israel. Expertly wrought dishes like falafel, Turkish pide (the boat-shaped bread often baked with fillings), small mezze plates, and kebabs define the menu, which is so tantalizing that Eater named Noosh one of the nation’s 12 most anticipated restaurant openings of Fall 2018. As befits its SF location, Noosh is also perhaps the most technologically advanced restaurant in the country, which will be fascinating to hear about when we move in for the evening and Chefs Laura and Sayat discuss their journey, their aspirations, their challenges, and the grand heritage of Eastern Mediterranean food.
About the Hosts:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Originally from Istanbul, Chef Sayat Ozyilmaz is a graduate of NYC's Culinary Institute of America (where he met his wife Laura), having worked at both Blue Hill and Le Bernardin. After setting up stages with prestigious restaurants such as Pujol, Husk, and Robuchon during their honeymoon, Laura and Sayat relocated to San Francisco, where he joined the Michelin star Mourad team before partnering with Laura for Istanbul Modern SF and Noosh.
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Originally from Mexico, Chef Ozyilmaz attended Centro Culinario Ambrosia, and NYC’s Culinary Institute of America (CIA) before accepting an offer at the legendary Eleven Madison Park. Relocating to San Francisco after traveling and training extensively, she first joined the team at the three-Michelin-star Saison, then in 2016 established with Sayat the wildly popular pop-up series Istanbul Modern. The pair opened Noosh in April 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Chef's Choice Bites & Dips
marinated olives, chubby pita, muhammara, kale phkali, smoked labne, and hummus
with preserved lemon and zahtar croutons
Lamb Meatballs & Falafel
with hazelnut dukkah and lemon tahini
Duo of Flatbreads
pork soujuk and mushroom kale
assortment of beef with charred tomato, lamb with herbed yogurt, trumpet mushroom with lemon zhug, and chicken with ajika red yogurt
Chocolate Mosaic Cake
with urfa chili chocolate sauce
2001 Fillmore St,
San Francisco, CA 94115
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.