DAY 3, 2nd Seating: 6-Course Nouveau Dutch Dinner Series
If you’ve been feeling uninspired by the Japanese/Italian/Mexican/Thai/New American food horizon, it’s time to go Dutch. And we don’t mean that in the sense of sharing the cost of a meal. We mean that it is time to discover the homey delights of authentic Dutch cooking, courtesy of Chef-Owner Joncarl Lachman and Noord, his eetcafe, or bistro, in Southwest Philly. Chef Lachman worked under chefs like Nora Pouillon at Restaurant Nora in D.C. and Anne Rosenzweig at Inside in New York City and spent considerable time in The Netherlands, his family’s ancestral home, and up in Scandinavia, collecting culinary inspirations. At Noord, you’ll find pickled and smoked fish, plenty of mustard, pork meatballs, beets, cabbage, bacon, sausage—everything you need to get you through a late winter night. Time Out gives Noord four stars and calls it a “quintessential East Passyunk experience.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Lachman will tell us why he thinks Northern cooking has become such a force in today’s food world.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Joncarl Lachman cut his teeth at NYC hotspots Restaurant Nora, Arcadia and the Lobster Club. He won the San Pelligrini Almost Famous Chef award in 2002 and three years later unveiled his Michelin ranked HB Home Bistro in Chicago. Returning home to Philly, Lachman opened Noord in 2013.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Smoked Salmon Smørrebrød
with buttered rye, house pickles, hard boiled egg, and remoulade
Grilled Head-On Prawns in North Sea Butter
with dill, leeks, chives, pickling liquid, and cream
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower
with caraway sour cream and golden raisin gastrique
Clams & Zuurkool
with cabbage, bacon, smoked sausage, beer, and apple cider vinegar
with wild mushroom barley risotto, creamed greens, and thyme-brown sugar pan sauce
Traditional Dutch Buttercake
with almond custard and vanilla whipped cream
1046 Tasker Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.