Nom Wah Tu
DAY 2 - 2nd Seating: 9-Course Chinese-Style New Year Feast
We know, it's not the Chinese New Year. But, since it is a new year, we figured why not celebrate with our with our favorite new year feast tradition! Helmed by acclaimed Chef Jonathan Wu, Nom Wah Tu opened just a few months back in the space previously occupied by NY Times Critics' Pick (and past TC event hos) Fung Tu. With this new addition to Wilson Tang's Nom Wah empire, Chef Wu aims to create more of a casual and comfortable ambiance than the fine-dining vibe of Fung Tu. The food skews more in the direction of traditional dim sum than was offered at Fung Tu. But, rest assured, Chef Wu still incorporates many of the modern flavor and inventive mash-ups that put him on the map at Fung Tu. His food this time around isn't quite as far "outside the box" as it was at Fung Tu. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event and Chef Wu will be coming out throughout the evening to introduce the dishes and share stories.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening Nom Wah Tu, Chef Wu was Chef/Owner at NY Times Critics' Pick eatery Fung Tu (in the same location). Before that, he honed his craft working in the kitchen at Per Se.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be plated individually and some will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
Pork Soup Dumplings
with porcini mushroom sauce
Fried Shiitake Mushrooms Caps
stuffed with shrimp paste
Arctic Char Crudo
with spicy and tingling sauce
Shaved Broccoli & Carrot Salad
with goji berries, crispy taro, and passion fruit dressing
Taiwanese Scallion Pancake Wraps
with char siu duck
Egg Drop Soup
with chicken and corn
Wok Fired Rice Cakes
with butter nut squash and chinese broccoli
with soy butter and bok choy
Oolong Panna Cotta
Nom Wah Tu
22 Orchard St.
New York, NY 10002
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.