Nicky's Coal Fired
1st Seating: 6-Course Elevated Italian Dinner Series
“Enrico,” a custom-built, 4.5-ton coal-burning oven, is the heart and soul of Nicky’s Coal Fired, housed in an old hosiery mill in West Nashville. The only coal-burning oven in Tennessee, “Enrico” is named for Chef Tony Galzin’s great-grandfather, who immigrated to the U.S. from Lazio, Italy. Chef Galzin, whose resume includes stints at such Chicago institutions as Michelin-starred Naha, Michelin-Bib Gourmand winning Perennial, and mk, where he worked with four-time James Beard Award-nominated chef Michael Kornick, relies on “Enrico” to turn out memorable meals that draws upon his Italian heritage. Devising a seasonal menu that sources only sustainably caught seafood and local meats, Chef Galzin shows why his first eatery, Fifty-First Kitchen & Bar, was named best new restaurant by Nashville Scene and why he was named Eater Nashville’s Chef of the Year. “Splendid dining,” says Nashville Scene of Nicky’s Coal Fired, and you’ll be sure to agree when we take over the restaurant for our event. Chef Galzin will be on hand to answer your questions and introduce you to the splendors of coal-fired cooking.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A Chicago native, Chef Galzin worked in Chicago's Michelin Starred Naha and mk, as well as NYC's Perennial, before relocating to Nashville with his wife/business partner Caroline in 2013. Together they first opened Fifty First Kitchen & Bar, earning Eater Nashville 2013's Chef of the Year, before opening Nicky’s Coal Fired in December 2016.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Sliced Heirloom Tomatoes
with red wine vinegar, olio verde, and oregano
roasted pork loin and belly with lemon and herbs
with pancetta, pecorino romano, and egg yolk
pan pizza with tomato, caciocavallo, anchovy, onions, and breadcrumbs
braised beef sirloin with prosciutto, bread crumbs, pine nuts, and red sauce
italian fried pastry with vanilla custard and amarena cherries
Nicky's Coal Fired
5026 Centennial Blvd
Nashville, TN 37209
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians and those with gluten aversions. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.