DAY 2, 1st Seating: 6-Course New Nordic Event
At Marigold Kitchen, Chef Eric Leveillee is laser-focused on celebrating New Nordic cooking. Chef Leveillee and Philadelphia first came together when he studied economics at Temple University. Then cooking called, and he did tours of duty in his native New England at the James Beard-nominated restaurant, Cook & Brown, in Providence, RI, and then back to Philadelphia at the likes of Vernick Food & Drink and Whetstone Tavern. As a dedicated forager, Chef Leveillee stays true to the principles of Nordic cuisine. His menu reflects “micro-seasons”—i.e. those brief periods throughout the year when certain ingredients are at their peak. For this event, we'll be taking over the entire restaurant, which the Philadelphia Inquirer awarded with a coveted “3 Bells.” As always, you'll have the opportunity to hear from Chef Leveillee throughout the evening, ask him questions during the dessert Q&A, and taste the fruits of his labors.
About the Host:
Chef Leveillee began his culinary career in Philly at El Camino Real where he cooked under acclaimed Chef Jen Zavala. He then spent two years in Providence, RI, cooking at James Beard-nominated eatery Cook & Brown Public House, before moving back to Philly to further hone his craft under James Beard award-winning chef Greg Vernick at Vernick Food & Drink. Most recently, he served as Executive Chef at Whetstone Tavern before taking over the kitchen at Marigold Kitchen in May 2018.
All courses will be served individually plated.
Broth of Game Bird
with pine mushroom, conifer, and yarrow
with fermented chile, salt-cured green strawberry, and nasturtium leaf
fried norwegian porridge with pumpkin, almond, and cured lamb
with caramelized whey, chanterelle mushrooms, and heather
with fermented elderberry, toasted oats, chestnut, and sorrel greens
local crabapple pâte de fruit, toasted hay canelé and smoked apple cider fudge with spruce
501 S 45th St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.