DAY 2: 8-Course Contemporary Indian Feast
A little over a year old, this inventive Edgewater eatery gets its name from the surprisingly sweet and sour Southeast Asian condiment. Chicago-born chef-owner Marisa Paolillo, who spent nine years living in Mumbai, harnesses that spirit of surprise with cuisine that Chicago Reader calls “a brilliant expression of Indian food, neither shackled by tradition nor disrespectful of it.” With local and seasonal meats and produce and ghee that comes from a cow sanctuary in western India, Chef Paolillo manages to create cuisine that is both authentic and innovative. We’ll have Mango Pickle to ourselves for this event and Chef Paolillo will, as always, be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share food stories and participate in a Q&A during dessert!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Paolillo's culinary career began in 2005 when she moved to Mumbai for her husband's job. Upon arrival, she decided to part ways with her background in marketing to cook at Table, a California-style eatery in Mumbai. Upon returning to Chicago, she cooked at Wood, the acclaimed Lakeview restaurant, before opening Mango Pickle in late '16.
The Feast Lineup
All savory dishes will be served family-style. Dessert will be individually plated.
house made with cilantro, ginger, chives, and lemon preserves
Taro Root Pakoras
with shaved fennel, cucumber, red onion, and tomato
Tomato & Garlic Rasam
with tamarind, curry leaves, cumin, and mustard seeds
Coal-Grilled Butter Chicken
served in tomato curry with cinnamon, cumin, black cardamom, and ginger
Seafood Siolim Kalwamchee
assorted shellfish, fish, and calamari in a fresh coconut tamarind curry
Ghee Braised Lamb
house butchered with bottle gourd and ten-spice masala
South Indian Pulao
spring greens and basmati rice with house made yogurt, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and raw mango
Chocolate & Somras Pot De Creme
with madras au lait south indian milk coffee
5842 North Broadway Street
Chicago, IL 60660
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.