6-Course Bogota Meets Caracas Dinner Series
Just opened in February of this year, Mamo, in the Marina, is the only restaurant in the Bay Area that features Californian cuisine with a Colombian and Venezuelan flair. That might mean starting with something like burrata…with avocado. Or perhaps yucca fries…with truffle. Then move on to sous-vide pork…with arepas. Or bavette steak…with chimichurri. Executive Chef Freddie Blanco, who began his career as a dishwasher at the age of 16, most recently served as sous chef at Café Boho. At Mamo, he draws so artfully on his wide-ranging knowledge of the cuisines of Italy, Germany, Austria, Japan, and the Mediterranean that The Infatuation has named Mamo to its list of “The Best New Restaurants in San Francisco.” We will be taking over Mamo for the evening, and Chef Blanco will be in and out of the kitchen, gladly taking your questions and walking you through the delights of the South American cuisine that he loves to cook.
About the Host:
Starting his culinary career at 16, Chef Blanco learned how to manage a kitchen quickly, becoming Head Chef of Fresno restaurant Slates at just 25. He honed his craft at world-renowned restaurant Erna's Elderberry House before relocating to San Francisco in 2018. He took the Executive Chef reins at Mamo in February 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Lava Rock Shrimp
with uchuva salsa
Fairytale Pumpkin Soup
with smoked cream
with cucumber mint foam
Grilled Peach Salad
with butter lettuce, fennel, almonds, and homemade ricotta
with guajillo demi, braised carrots, and arepitas
Passion Fruit Panna Cotta
3659 Buchanan St
San Francisco, CA 94123
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.