DAY 2: Christmakwanzakkah Party
Forget about all your other holiday parties. The holiday party of all holiday parties has officially arrived! We're thrilled to be teaming up with one of the top-rated TC event hosts of 2019, Maketto, for our very first DC Christmakwanzakkah Party. Executive Chef/Owner Erik Bruner-Yang, a semi-finalist for 2016's James Beard Award for Best Chef Mid-Atlantic, totally blew attendees away at our first collaboration together back in March. So, when we were considering options for this year's holiday party, Maketto was at the top of the list. In the spirit of the holidays, the format for this event series will be different than our typical event format - passed hors d'oeuvres cocktail party to start before moving into the seated portion of the party. The evening will kick off with a plethora of Chef Bruner-Yang's favorite canapés as you drink and mingle. Then, we'll take our seats for a large-format feast. Of course, we'll wrap up the night with a chef Q&A during dessert. For those of you who weren't able to attend our first event at Maketto, you can read up on Chef Bruner-Yang's SUPER impressive background below. It speaks for itself!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Bruner-Yang opened his first eatery, Toki Underground, in 2011, and the restaurant quickly rose to the #1 spot on Eater's annual Best New Restaurants list. He followed it up with Maketto in April 2015, which earned him numerous James Beard Award Semi-Finalist Nominations for “Rising Star Chef of the Year” in 2015 and “Best Chef in America” in 2016.
Some items be served as passed canapés, some will be served family-style, and some will be individually plated.
Duo of Gyoza
veggie & pork with nuoc cham
Crystal Shrimp Dumplings
with tuk trey and herbs
Duo of Bao
leek + glass noodle | braised pork
Vegetarian Spring Rolls
with pickles and herbs
Strange Flavor Eggplant
with tofu puree and housemade bread
chinese broccoli with oyster sauce and fresh wasabi
Maketto Fried Chicken
with five-spice caramel and housemade bread
with mushroom sauce and local vegetables
with ginger, scallions, and mixed herbs
Chocolate Flourless Cake
1351 H St NE
Washington, DC, DC 20002
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, adjustments will only be made for the main courses (no replacement canapes will be provided). However, there will be SO MANY dishes served, that guests with allergies/restrictions will get to enjoy more than enough food to feel good and full! Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.