2nd Seating: 6-Course Contemporary Taiwanese Dinner Series
Maketto is an extraordinary, wrap-around environment that awaits your discovery. This 6,000-square foot marketplace combines retail outlets, a bar, a café, and a top-flight restaurant, all contained in a minimalist space that comprises two buildings, a courtyard, a roof deck, and a connecting catwalk. Noting the ‘amazing space,’ The Infatuation reports, “Maketto is a big part of what is making the D.C. restaurant scene exciting these days.” Here, you will find inventive Cambodian and Thai-influenced dishes from Chef Erik Bruner-Yang, who launched Toki Underground, a ramen shop that Eater named D.C.’s “Best New Restaurant” in 2011. Chef Bruner-Yang has been nominated for James Beard’s “Rising Star Chef” in 2015 and was named a semifinalist for “Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic” in 2016. He will be on hand when we take over the restaurant for this event, answering your questions and discussing his love for food, design, and more.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Bruner-Yang opened his first eatery, Toki Underground, in 2011, and the restaurant quickly rose to the #1 spot on Eater's annual Best New Restaurants list. He followed it up with Maketto in April 2015, which earned him numerous James Beard Award nominations for “Rising Star Chef” and “Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic”.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Bao Two Ways
roast pork and curry mushroom leek, served with hoisin sauce
Dim Sum Duo
crystal shrimp dumplings and vegetable spring rolls
with mushroom chimichurri and wild green salad
Roast Red Pork
with green scallion, steamed buns, local vegetables, and ferments
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
with matcha and lemon
1351 H St NE
Washington, DC, DC 20002
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.