2nd Seating: 6-Course Globally Inspired Dinner Series
Texas native Todd Duplechan grew up on family barbecues and raised and cooked his own turtles and rabbits. Upon committing to a culinary career, he cooked in Italy and Greece before landing in NYC, where he worked on the line at top restaurants such as Danube (under Chef David Bouley), Tabla (under Chef Floyd Cardoz), and the Core Club (under James Beard-nominated Chef Dan Kluger). In 2011, Chef Duplechan moved back to serve as opening chef at Trio in the Four Seasons, and opened Lenoir in January, 2012. Lenoir’s menu changes with the Texas season, with food sourced almost exclusively from local farmers and food artisans who provide incredible produce, meat, and cheese. “Lenoir serves what they like to call ‘Hot Weather Food’…nothing heavy, nothing greasy,” says The Infatuation. “Everything here is super light and fresh. In other words, it’s the exact opposite of traditional Texas cuisine—and it’s really great.” We’ll be taking over the whole restaurant for this event and Chef Duplechan will, as always, be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share stories and participate in a Q&A with attendees during dessert!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Duplechan cut his teeth in Italy, Greece, and Grand Cayman before moving to NYC to cook at Two-Michelin-starred restaurant Danube under acclaimed Chef David Bouley. He went on to serve as Executive Sous Chef at The Core Club under James Beard-nominated Chef Dan Kluger, before moving back to his Texas to serve as opening chef of Trio at the Four Seasons. In 2012, he left Trio to open Lenoir with his wife, Jessica Maher, and it was selected by Bon Appétit as one of the country's 50 Best New Restaurants of 2012!
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Coffee Roasted Carrots
with crème fraîche, carrot tops, and lavash
Royal Red Shrimp Sashimi
with smoked tamari and crispy radish greens
Sweet Potato Pierogi
with kimchi and ricotta
Poha Crusted Fish
with sweet potato curry, dashi, chili, and focaccia
Burnt Ends Pork
with persimmon mole negro, cilantro, radish, and roti
with red wine curd, candied grapefruit, and blue cheese
1807 S 1st St
Austin, TX 78704
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.