2nd Seating: 9-Course Nouveau Mexican Feast
We're keeping the brunch train rolling for this 2-seating takeover at Lalito! We hosted our first dinner event series at the restaurant a few months back, and it was a total blast. So, we can't wait to see what Chef Gerardo Gonzalez has in store for us with this brunch series. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lalito, it's the new playground for Chef Gerardo Gonzalez, who previously gained widespread acclaim for his culinary genius as Executive Chef at El Rey, the NY Times Critics' Pick eatery in LES. At Lalito, Chef Gonzalez draws upon the traditional dishes he grew up eating in his large Mexican-American family in San Diego. But, he also gets inspiration from the Mediterranean-style, ingredient-focused lightness that embodies coastal California's cuisine. We're taking over the entire restaurant for this two-seating brunch event and Chef Gonzalez will be coming out throughout the day to introduce the dishes and share stories.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Prior to opening Lalito, Chef Gonzalez served as Executive Chef at El Rey where his unique California/Mexican cuisine was selected as a NY Times Critics' Pick.
The Feast Lineup
All courses will be individually plated. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
Olive Oil Cake
with ricotta, thyme, and grilled figs
with braised kabocha squash
Bacon Celery Salad
with bib lettuce and sieved egg
Mini Corn Cakes
with chickpea guacamole
Smoked Cod Scramble
with crème fraîche and fennel salad
Smoked Pulled Pork
with coconut grits and carrot salsa
Spanish Egg Tortilla
with morcilla black sausage
Corned Beef Tongue
and marble potato hash
Bread Pudding French Toast
with ube, persimmon, and yogurt
104 Bayard St.
New York, NY 10013
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $50 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.