1st Seating: 10-Course Nouveau Mexican Feast
Lalito is the new playground for Chef Gerardo Gonzalez, who previously gained widespread acclaim for his culinary genius as Executive Chef at El Rey in the LES. The restaurant opened just over 6 months ago and is smoking hot, which isn't surprising given the cult-like following that he built up at El Ray. At Lalito, Chef Gonzalez draws upon the traditional dishes he grew up eating in his large Mexican-American family in San Diego. But, he also gets inspiration from the Mediterranean-style, ingredient-focused lightness that embodies coastal California's cuisine. We're taking over the entire restaurant for this two-seating event and Chef Gonzalez will be coming out throughout the evening to introduce the dishes and share stories.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Prior to opening Lalito, Chef Gonzalez served as Executive Chef at El Rey where his unique California/Mexican cuisine was selected as a NY Times Critics' Pick.
The Feast Lineup
Some dishes will be served family-style and some will be individually plated.
Local Oyster Shot
with mexican cocktail sauce, tomatillo, and beer broth
with pickled cherries, chayote, red onion, and cilantro
marinated anchovies on toasted bread with cultured butter, carrot top salsa, and olive oil
with whipped cashew cream, horseradish, and dill
Lomo Ham Salad
with melon and chamomile
with braised beef tongue and fried sweetbreads
with tahini, cubanelle pepper, and gomasio
Baby Corn Esquites
with cotija, corn nuts, hominy, and cream
with confit orange, pickled onion, cilantro, cream, and pineapple hot sauce
Plantain Cream Pie
with tumeric meringue and goats milk caramel
104 Bayard St.
New York, NY 10013
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.