2nd Seating: 6-Course Modern Middle Eastern Dinner Series
Kubeh is an Iraqi-Kurdish-Israeli dumpling soup that is comfort in a cup. It is also the namesake of Chef/Owner Melanie Shurka’s new West Village restaurant. Chef Shurka grew up the daughter of a Long Island Jewish mother of Eastern European descent and an Israeli father of Persian descent. While studying law at Tel Aviv University, she fell in love with kubeh. After finishing her law degree in New York, she transitioned into the food world, working front-of-the-house at Balthazar and cooking for private clients. Her destiny was a kubeh restaurant, however, and in June 2017, she and her husband David Ort set up shop on Sixth Avenue, serving what may be the most extensive kubeh offerings that can be found outside of the Middle East. “A sleeper hit,” says The Infatuation, “and somewhere we can’t wait to get back to.” We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Shurka will be on hand to share her love of Levantine cuisine and answer questions!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening Kubeh, Chef Shurka gained culinary experience by hosting frequent pop-up dinners at acclaimed Chef Einat Admony's Israeli restaurant, Bar Bolonat. During this time, she also studied up on how to operate a successful restaurant in NYC by working front-of-house for 5 years at the legendary SoHo restaurant, Balthazar.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with tahini, crispy cauliflower, lemon, and sea salt
fried matzo shell filled with spiced ground beef and served with sesame cabbage slaw
chicken chickpea ball with dried lime, carrots, and basmati rice
Roasted Potato & Pumpkin
with charred okra, yogurt, and dukkah
Apricot & Prune Braised Lamb Shoulder
shredded phyllo dough with baked cheese, orange blossom, and pistachio
464 6th Ave
New York, NY 10011
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.