6-Course Ode to Northern Italy Dinner Event
“You may have the universe if I may have Italy,” said composer Giuseppe Verdi, and we heartily agree. Italy races our hearts. That is why an evening spent at Juniper, with its exquisite Northern Italian-inspired food, is such a treat. In fact, however, executive chef Nicholas Yanes, who first became celebrated as Chef and Creative Director of Uchi (“The top restaurant in Texas, according to Business Insider), does something truly innovative at Juniper. He marries Texas ingredients with Italian traditions. The Statesman says, “Revelatory Juniper sits atop Austin’s recent Italian wave,” while Thrillist says, “Juniper’s modern, industrial space is beyond striking—and the foods, drinks, and service are equally so.” Chef Yanes, who was named Rising Star Chef of the Year in 2016 at the Tastemaker Awards, will be on hand when we take over the restaurant for the evening. He will answer your questions and will discuss the time he spent in Italy, doing delicious research for Juniper’s menu.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
A Texas native, Chef Yanes earned his Associates of Culinary Arts degree at Portland's Western Culinary Institute before cutting his professional teeth at Nana and Coyote Ridge Country Club in Dallas as well as the Uchi restaurants in Austin. He spent time in the Northern Italian regions of Piedmont, Lombardi and Emilia-Romagna, before returning to Austin to open Juniper in November 2015. This year he opened his second restaurant, Uncle Nicky's.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Chilled Seafood Platter
with east coast oysters, grilled and chilled shrimp, crab legs, italicus mignonette, and calabrian chili cocktail sauce
with black summer truffle and creme fraiche espuma
Wagyu Beef Tartare
with tonnato sauce, grilled corn, caper, and poppy seed crackers
with italian sausage and sweet pepper ragu and oregano
Simply Roasted Cobb Creek Chicken
with creamed spinach, street corn "alla italiana", house focaccia, pickles, and condiments
Chamomile Panna Cotta
with peach and almond streussel
2400 E Cesar Chavez St #304
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.