DAY 1: 8-Course Pan-European Inspired Feast
At Income Tax, newly appointed executive chef Ellison Park takes diners on a whirlwind tour of Europe, touching down in Italy, France, Spain, and Germany. Sounds ambitious, we know, but Chef Park, who previously served as Executive Sous Chef at Chicago's Michelin-starred restaurant, Parachute, is the man for the job. Drawing upon his time spent cooking in Paris at the acclaimed Clown Bar and the Michelin-starred Le Chateaubriand, Chef Park inventively incorporates neo-bistro elements into Old World regional fare. In his review in Chicagoist, Anthony Robbins wrote, “Truthfully, I couldn’t come up with anything not to love about Income Tax.” We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event and Chef Park will, as always, be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to discuss his food philosophy and participate in a Q&A with attendees.
About the Host:
Chef Park got his culinary start in Paris with stages at several of the city's most beloved restaurants: Clown Bar and Michelin-starred Le Chateaubriand. Prior to taking the helm at Income Tax, he served as Executive Sous Chef at CHI's Michelin-starred restaurant, Parachute, and before that he was in the kitchen at Logan Square fave, Lula Cafe.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Crispy Jimmy Nardello Peppers
with tonnato and horseradish
with fennel, melrose pepper, and dill
with parsley vinaigrette, radish, and ricotta salata
with walnut, mint, and charred cucumber
with sungold tomato and marigold
Slow Cooked Pork Belly
with nduja and grilled broccoli
Roasted String Beans
with chanterelle and summer truffle
Dark Chocolate Tart
with almond, blueberry, and anise hyssop
5959 North Broadway
Chicago, IL 60660
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with celiac (gluten sensitive can be accommodated). Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.