DAY 1: 9-Course Basque Inspired Feast
It's been ages since our last event series with Chef Jonah Miller and we miss him. He's got a bunch of new dishes he's eager to get our feedback on, and we can't wait to serve as his guinea pigs! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the restaurant, Huertas is a Basque-inspired eatery who's name translates to the "orchards" or "gardens" that you'll find dotting the northern landscape of Spain. The restaurant is a pillar of the city's Basque food scene and has received widespread critical acclaim including recognition as a NY Times Critics' Pick. Chef Miller, who has an incredibly impressive resume (see below), grew up in NYC but became obsessed with Basque cuisine and culture while on vacation in the region. We'll be taking over the private back room for this event, and Chef Miller will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to talk food with us!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening Huertas, Chef Miller honed his craft working in the kitchens of Danny Meyer's empire - first at Gramercy Tavern, then Maialino.
The Feast Lineup
Most courses will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
with butter and radish
Chicken Liver Mousse
with px sherry and pickled currants
spanish potato omelet
with calaspara rice, squid ink, pickled mussels and aioli
with smoked garlic and parsley
with gigante beans and basque peppers
with shallot confit and spinach
Leonora Goat Cheese
with honey, pine nuts, and thyme
with 72% chocolate sauce
107 1st Ave.
New York, NY 10003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.