High Street on Market
DAY 3, 2nd Seating: 6-Course Nouveau Comfort Dinner Series
Let’s start with the bread. Bon Appetit calls it “the best in the East.” As scrumptious as that sounds, neither man nor woman shall live by bread alone (Matthew 4:4). And so, High Street on Market, the pioneering all-day restaurant owned by Ellen Yin and Eli Kulp in Philadelphia’s historic Old City district, is continually working up new culinary offerings to wow its legion of fans. Chef Andrew Farley, a Philadelphia native who leads the culinary team, joined High Street as head baker in 2016 and quickly showed his innovative nature. In his role as chef, he motivates the entire High Street team to give guests fresh reasons to visit this neighborhood favorite. Everything feels new and adventuresome, which is why the Philadelphia Inquirer’s restaurant critic, Craig LaBan says, “That sensation of awakening to something I didn't previously know I needed is one I felt repeatedly in my visits to High Street.” This place has received every accolade you could possibly imagine: #2 on Bon Appétit's 2014 Best New Restaurant in America List, a glowing 3 Bells review in The Inquirer, and perpetual inclusion on Eater's 38 Essential Philly Restaurants List. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this collaboration, and Chef Farley will be coming out of the kitchen all night to talk all about where he finds his inspiration and ideas.
About the Host:
A Philly native, Chef Farley originally joined the High Street team in 2016 as Head Baker but quickly moved up the ranks to become Executive Chef in 2018. Before High Street, he cut his teeth at a number of well-regarded downtown spots including Pub & Kitchen and Fitler Dining Room.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with pomegranate, ancient grains, and foie gras
with charcoal chestnut, rutabaga, and brown butter wonton
with spicy smoked lamb ragu and pickled chili
with roasted grapes, salsify, almonds and wild rice
Whole Roasted Chicken
with lemon, herbs, and grilled lettuces
Praline Tres Leches Cake
with canela cajeta
High Street on Market
308 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.