Hecho en Dumbo
DAY 1: 9-Course Contemporary Mexican Feast
Chef Danny Mena started Hecho en Dumbo in 2007 as a pop-up within a small café in Dumbo; hence the restaurant's name. In 2010, Chef Mena and his team decided to take their operation to the next level and move into a permanent space in NoHo, and they've been pushing the boundaries of Mexican cuisine ever since. Clearly, their innovation has paid off, as Chef Mena is widely recognized as one of NYC's leading Mexican chefs and the restaurant has garnered widespread acclaim from the food critics as both a 2018 Michelin Bib Gourmand recipient and NY Mag Critics' Pick. But, this success is far from surprising when you consider Chef Mena's resume (see his bio below). We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event, and Chef Mena, who is a fantastic storyteller FYI, will be coming out throughout the evening to introduce the dishes and participate in a Q&A during dessert!
About the Host:
Chef & Owner
Chef Mena, who grew up in Mexico City, is a graduate of the French Culinary Institute. Prior to opening Hecho en Dumbo, he cut his teeth in the kitchens at several Michelin-starred restaurants: Blue Hill and The Modern.
The Feast Lineup
Some courses will be plated individually and some will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
salad with roasted chayote squash, watercress, queso cotija, and pumpkin seed vinaigrette
corn on the cobb with tortilla soil
roasted octopus with tomatillo almond- marmalade and potatoes
Tlayudas De Hongos
Oaxacan-style homemade tortilla with forest mushrooms and huitlacoche
fried snapper quesadilla with habanero and cabbage slaw
confit pork with cactus salad and avocado salsa
seared hanger steak with spring onions and bone marrow chimichurri
Mexican-Style Fried Chicken
with salsa macha, red rice, and habanero onions
Volteado De Pina Y Mezcal
Upside down pineapple and mezcal cake
Hecho en Dumbo
New York, NY 10012
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.