Grand Trunk Road
1st Seating: 6-Course Nouveau Indian Dinner Series
Grand Trunk Road is a main thoroughfare that links India and Pakistan, and Chef Behzad Khan invites you to follow that path at his new Lincoln Park restaurant, which he opened with his wife Basma Arain in December 2018. Chef Khan, who was born in New Delhi and who worked at Moto in Fulton Market and at Rick Bayless’ Michelin-starred Topolobampo, envisioned a modern Indian restaurant that would incorporate influences from different areas of southeast Asia. In realizing this vision, Chef Khan goes beyond traditional dishes like chicken tikka masala to create innovative new ones like naan stuffed with blue cheese, goat biryani, and blueberry lassi. At the same time, Grand Trunk Road is the proud possessor of a tandoor, which signifies authenticity in turning out savory dishes like mint-crusted tandoori lamb chops. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Khan will be on hand to chat, share his food obsessions, and discuss his life’s journey.
About the Host:
Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Khan grew up in Mumbai, India, and Karachi, Pakistan before relocating to the Midwest to attend the Culinary & Hospitality Institute of Chicago. He then went on to cook in several of the city's most lauded kitchens - Rick Bayless's Topolobampo and Homaro Cantu's Moto - before opening Grand Trunk Road with his wife Basma in December 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Dahi Bada Chaat
moong daal dumplings with crispy papdi, spiced yogurt, and tamarind chutney
Amritsari Machli Tikka
fried monkfish with pickling spices and micro greens
Grapefruit & Mango Salad
with pine nuts, wasabi greens, and sherry vinaigrette
chicken cooked in sauce with green cardamom, garam masala, cheese, and creme fraiche
braised beef with fennel, kashmiri chili, and ginger powder and served with truffle naan
Shahi Tukra Bread Pudding
with ricotta, cardamom milk, and saffron
Grand Trunk Road
1417 W Fullerton Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.