9-Course Oktoberfest Brunch Feast
We're celebrating Oktoberfest by teaming up with NYC's top Austrian Chef, Eduard Frauneder, for a brunch event at his newest restaurant, Freud. A veteran of the NYC restaurant scene, Chef Frauneder began building his culinary empire almost a decade ago when he opened the Michelin-Starred modern Austrian restaurant, Seäsonal. Following the success of Seäsonal, Chef Frauneder opened the NY Times Critics' Pick casual Austrian eatery, Edi & The Wolf, in the East Village. With Freud, Chef Frauneder is getting back to the contemporary Austrian cuisine that first put him on the map. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this feast, and Chef Frauneder will be coming out to introduce the dishes and talk food with us!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Frauneder runs 3 Austrian restaurants in the city: Freud, Edi & The Wolf, and Schilling. He also was a contestant on Iron Chef America, where he beat Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian!
The Feast Lineup
All courses will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
with 7 minute egg, ramp vinaigrette, and bread crumbs
with countrywide bâtard and cilantro
with green peas, taleggio, gruyere, parmesan, and crispy onions
Homemade Pork Sausage
with sauerkraut and mustard
wiener schnitzel with cucumber salad, paprika, aioli, and fried egg
with curry mustard vinaigrette
with vanilla cream
caramelized pancake bits with blueberry compote
506 LaGuardia Place
New York, NY 10012
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $55 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.