6-Course Korean Meets Italian Dinner Event
Foxsister, the San Francisco restaurant known for its wild and inventive takes on Korean food, has recently expanded its boundaries and revamped its menu to offer dishes with broader global influences. Some of the restaurant's new noodle dishes are inspired by cuisine from another peninsula — Italy. Chef/Owner Brandon Kirksey has spent time in Seattle, where he helped establish a number of Italian restaurants. Seattle is also where he earned a James Beard nomination for Best Chef Northwest during his time at Girin, a Korean steakhouse. Kirksey clearly isn't afraid to experiment at Foxsister, here in the city where he started his career at the likes of Jardinière and The Grand Cafe. In addition to introducing several exciting additions to the dinner menu, Foxsister was recently recognized as one of "The 16 Hottest Brunch Spots in SF" by Eater San Francisco. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this collaboration and Chef Kirksey will be on hand to discuss his fascinating culinary career and take questions.
About the Host:
Chef & Owner
Chef Kirksey started his career in San Francisco at Jardinière and The Grand Cafe. He's spent time in Seattle, working at a number of Italian restaurants and Korean steakhouse Girin, with a brief stop in between at San Francisco's Flour + Water as Chef de Cuisine. Kirksey returned to the Bay Area to work at The Slanted Door before opening Foxsister.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with chilled soba noodles, soy-cured egg, red leaf, and garlic chive kimchi
New York Beef Carpaccio
with pickled pear, pumpkin seeds, spicy aioli, and tapioca chips
Pork Belly Steamed Buns
with hoisin, cilantro, and fresno chili
Handmade Black Bean Garlic Noodles
with toasted crispy garlic
Foxsister's Famous Fried Whole Chicken
with a trio of flavors: sweet & spicy, garlic & soy, and original recipe with seaweed salt
Bittersweet Chocolate Pot de Crème
with asian pear, black sesame and pinenut brittle, and candied ginger
3161 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.