DAY 1: 6-Course Botanical Garden Event
Did you know that before beer was made with hops it was crafted from a wide range of botanicals, including flowers, roots, and bark? Forbidden Root, the first botanical brewery in Chicago, was founded by Robert Finkel, who started with a true-brewed root beer but quickly went on to encompass the broader idea of botanic beers. Now, in this rustic farmhouse dining atmosphere, where the walls are lined with spices and herbs, Chef Daniel Sherron has developed an inventive menu that complements the beers beautifully. A veteran of such kitchens as MK, Green Zebra, and Carriage House, Chef Sherron serves seasonal dishes that draw inspiration from classic brewpub cuisine but take flavor and freshness to another level. “Forbidden Root’s new brewpub unites beer and food with stunning results,” says the Chicago Tribune. We'll be taking over the restaurant's private space for this event series and Chef Sherron will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share stories and discuss the interplay between his cuisine and Forbidden Root's beers. And yes, they will be offering a beer pairing to go along with the meal!
About the Host:
Before moving towards his culinary destiny, Chef Sherron pursued a degree in international relations and enjoyed a stint as a guitarist in the band The Whole Fantastic World. Before coming onboard at Forbidden Root, he cut his teeth at a slew of acclaimed Chicago restaurants, including MK and Michelin Bib Gourmand recipients Green Zebra and Carriage House. He served as Forbidden Root's Sous Chef for two years before taking over as Executive Chef just a few months ago in September.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with arugula, maple-roasted squash, black walnut vinaigrette, crispy speck, rosemary manchego, and honey vinegar
Malted Lamb Ribs
with maple bourbon butternut squash hot sauce, black sesame, and scallion
with pistachio hummus, coriander vinaigrette, fried smoked paprika pistachios, and mint oil
with smoked garlic sausage, pork belly, duck confit, and chicharron bread crumbs
Duck & Dumplings
with ricotta gnocchi, mirepoix, duck jus, and crispy duck skin
Chocolate Pot de Creme
with whipped cream, cashew praline, and ash salt
1746 W Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.