Emmer & Rye
DAY 1, 2nd Seating: 6-Course Seasonally Inspired Brunch Series
What? A menu that changes daily? Almost unheard of in the restaurant world. But that’s the way it is at Emmer & Rye, which opened in 2015 on Rainey Street in Austin’s Restaurant Row. The theme here is ‘the farmer’s haul.’ That means they mill heritage grains for pasta, bread, and desserts, source whole animals for their meat, and have an in-house fermentation program to produce their own vinegars, pickles, and brines. The team of Executive Chef Kevin Fink, newly promoted Chef de Cuisine Tim Welch, and Pastry Chef Tavel Bristol-Joseph are racking up awards. Bon Appetit named Emmer & Rye as one of “America’s Best New Restaurants” in 2016 and in 2017 they earned StarChefs Rising Stars Awards. Our host for this event series will be Chef Welch, rather than Chef Fink, as the restaurant wanted this to serve as a coming out party of sorts for Chef Welch in his new role as Chef de Cuisine. We can't wait to see what he has in store for us!
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
A Gainesville native, Chef Welch's culinary career actually kicked once he followed his wife-to-be to Belgium. It was there that he cooked at several world-renowned restaurants – Le Chalet de la Foret and Rouge Tomate. He later went on to cook in Paris at the Michelin-starred restaurant Frenchie before settling down in Austin at Emmer & Rye.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Orange Marmalade Scones
with cultured cream
Strawberry Pecan Cake
with lemon curd
Crème Fraîche Sourdough Bagel
with trout roe and pickles
Soft Scrambled Egg
with grilled sourdough, brined avocado, and house cured bacon
Crispy Mangalitsa Pork Potato Hash
with salsa roja, onion, and perfect egg
Ice Cream Float
with ginger beer
Emmer & Rye
51 Rainey St, Ste 110
Austin, TX 78701
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $55 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.