5-Course Ode to Lagos Dinner Event
Nigerian cuisine is awaiting your discovery at this South Beach eatery. Chef Simileoluwa Adebajo is a trained economist who until last summer was working full-time as a financial analyst. All the while, however, the culinary wizard within her was waiting to burst out. She began her metamorphosis by spending weekends prepping suya chicken and fried plantains for Postmates and Uber Eats customers. Then, she started hosting pop-ups at the restaurant space she is currently occupying. In other words, a great American immigration story—and absolutely great food! Stewed pepper chicken, jollof rice, pan-roasted tilapia, Nigerian honey beans…so much to discover. People always talk about doing ‘that thing.’ Chef Adebajo is actually doing that thing—and Tasting Collective is thrilled to support her. We'll be taking over Eko Kitchen's outdoor space for this event (assuming the weather cooperates; if not, we'll be taking over their indoor space), and Chef Adebajo, who has personality plus, will be on hand to answer your questions, discuss her journey, and share her insights into Nigerian food and culture. This goes without saying, but WE CAN'T WAIT!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
As of last summer, Chef Adebajo still worked full-time as a financial analyst and spent her weekends hustling orders of suya chicken. After rekindling a passion for her native Nigerian cuisine when she moved to the US, she started hosting pop-ups which quickly caught public attention, allowing her to open Eko Kitchen in April 2019. Her inspiring story has been covered by Bon Appétit, Eater, and SF Chronicle.
Each course will be individually-plated.
Butter Vodka Crust Naija Meat Pies
with obe ata din din sauce
Grilled King Oyster Mushroom Peppersoup
with japanese yam and sweet plantain cubes
Egusi Soup Potstickers
Smoky Nigerian Jollof Rice
with grilled chicken leg quarters, stewed spinach, and fried sweet plantains
Chocolate Chip Puff Puff
nigerian donut holes with chocolate chips
130 Townsend St
San Francisco, CA 94107
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, the CLEAR Health Pass App, or the Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- What happens if the weather doesn't allow for this event to take place outdoors?
- Our intent is to host this event outdoors. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we will be moving the event indoors. Any attendees who are not comfortable with indoor dining will be able to pick up their meal to-go, as we will not be able to offer refunds in this situation.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.