DAY 2: 8-Course Dutch Meets Indonesian Feast
For over 200 years, the Dutch East India Company dominated trade to Asia and introduced many Eastern influences into the cuisine of Holland. At De Quay, Chef/Owner David De Quay pays homage to this unique culinary history, as well as the childhood summers he spent there cooking with his grandmother. His menu features an inventive mix of Dutch classics like gouda dumplings and frites, alongside Indonesian satays and nasi goreng. It’s all set in an atmospheric dark wood environment meant to evoke Amsterdam’s ubiquitous bruin cafés, where patrons experience gezelligheid, a Dutch word for the contentedness that comes from shared experience. We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef De Quay will be coming out of the kitchen to share stories and participate in a Q&A during dessert!
About the Host:
David de Quay
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef de Quay's culinary education began at Michigan State's School of Hotel & Restaurant Management, and he's spent most of his career in the kitchens of luxury hotels (The Ritz Carlton, The Willard Hotel). The idea of opening his own restaurant remained in the background until the opportunity to do so finally came to fruition in late '15.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be individually plated.
Balinese Mussels & Shrimp
in coconut curry sauce with baguette
Roasted Rainbow Carrot & Asparagus Salad
with nipis jeruk dressing and sunflower sprouts
Soy & Groningen Mustard Marinated Beef
with pickled shittakes and fried lotus root
Chicken Sate Skewers
with spicy peanut sauce and dutch slaw
Grilled Petit Lamb Rack
with gouda mashed potatoes and curried beurre rouge
Pork Belly Nasi Goreng
indonesian fried rice with shallots, egg, sambal olek, and krupuks
Coconut Gouda Croquette
with mango-pineapple chutney, pea tendrils, and lemongrass vinaigrette
Chocolate Coated Almond Spekkoek
indonesian layer cake with sumatra coffee ice cream and pandan creme anglaise
2470 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.