10-Course Singaporean Hawker Feast
Chomp Chomp is named after Singapore's most famous hawker center. What is a hawker center, you ask? It's kind of like Singapore's version of Brooklyn's Smorgasburg; a huge food market full of stalls that each specialize in creating one dish and they serve that dish on repeat all day. The cuisine you'll experience at Chomp Chomp is representative of the various dishes you'd enjoy as you walked from stall to stall within Singapore's food courts. The restaurant is helmed by Chef/Owner Simpson Wong, a self-taught chef who grew up in Malaysia and spent many years traveling and studying cuisine all over Asia and Europe. Chef Wong is a veteran of the NYC restaurant scene (more on that below), and he's received heaping praise from the critics for his work at Chomp Chomp including being selected as a Critics' Pick by both NY Mag and NY Times. We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Wong will be coming out to introduce the dishes and talk food with us!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening Chomp Chomp, Chef Wong served as chef and proprietor at several other critically-acclaimed Asian-inspired restaurants: Café Asean and Jefferson.
The Feast Lineup
All courses will be served family-style. See FAQs at the bottom of this page for allergy/restriction accommodations and additional info.
salad of cucumber, mango, shrimp fritters, tofu, egg, and cuttlefish sambal
Hah Zheung Gai
shrimp paste chicken wing with chinese celery, crispy garlic, and chilies
roti filled with mince beef or vegetable, egg, and a vegetarian dip
five spice pork and taro root wrapped in tofu skin served with chili plum sauce
oyster omelet with garlic, chive, and chili vinegar sauce
seafood curry with tofu puffs and noodles in spicy coconut broth
Lo See Fun
pork and shiitake ragu with rice noodles and egg
skate, okra and tomatoes cooked in spicy tamarind sauce
Hainanes Chicken Rice
roast chicken with chicken rice, cucumber, and chili
Pandan & Coconut Flan
served with seasonal fruits
7 Cornelia St.
New York, NY 10014
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for soy-specific gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.