9-Course Experimental Vietnamese Feast
Chao Chao Chao Chao means a number of things in Vietnamese, depending on various accent marks and their placement. All meanings are food and hospitality related: a welcoming “hello”, a warming “soup”, delicious “meatballs”, or “shrimp balls” a sizzling “wok”, and, the accentuation used for the restaurant’s name, tangy “fermented tofu”. The restaurant is the brainchild of Chef Stephan Brezinsky and his business partner (and mother) Kimxuan Brezinsky. The concept is based in Chef Brezinsky's life experiences growing up in NYC's East Village and Alphabet City in the 90s, listening to the Beastie Boys, and going home to feast on his mother’s Vietnamese home cooking. We'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this feast, and Chef Brezinsky will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the event to introduce the dishes and share stories!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Prior to opening his own place, Chef Brezinsky honed his culinary chops working in the kitchen at what is arguably NYC's most acclaimed Southeast Asian restaurant... Pok Pok NY.
The Feast Lineup
Some dishes will be individually plated and some will be served family-style.
Heritage Pork Spring Rolls
with shiitake mushroom, carrot, and glass noodles
Five Spice Chicken Wings
with fish sauce, and caramel glaze
with wasabi caviar, finger limes, and nasturtium
Sugar Cane Shrimp
with lardo, sugar cane, and sriracha aioli
with tamarind, fresh herbs, and peanuts
with beef cheeks, egg noodles, coconut flakes, scallions, and shrimp paste
Lemongrass Pork Noodle Bowl
with rice noodles, daikon, and vietnamese herbs
Nutella Sesame Balls
with rice flour and nutella
Duo of Sorbets
Mango and Guava
171 Avenue A
New York, NY 10009
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $65 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.