DAY 2, 2nd Seating: 6-Course Ocean's Bounty Dinner Series
If you really want to get serious about fish, then plan to make the pilgrimage to Chamusca, which opened on Rivington Street in December 2018. Here, Chef Gustavo Frias continues his lifelong love affair with all things piscine. He has enjoyed a long and successful career as a fishmonger, honing his encyclopedic knowledge of fish butchery at such notable New York City establishments as Citarella, Greenpoint Fish & Lobster, and the Fulton Fish Market. Deeply committed to sustainable seafood, Chef Frias trains other fish butchers and teaches culinary classes that focus on the bounty of the sea. He also helped create a Community Supported Fishery program, sourced primarily through the Fulton Fish Market. At Chamusca, he serves only the freshest oysters, ceviche, squid, fish tacos, with NY Magazine taking notice, to name the restaurant one of NYC's Best Seafood spots in March '19. We will be taking over Chamusca for the evening, and you will have ample opportunity to visit with Chef Frias and learn things about seafood that will surprise and intrigue you.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Frias harbors a deep love and respect for seafood, born from his many years working as a fishmonger with Citarella, Greenpoint Fish & Lobster, and Fulton Fish Market, where he led fish-focused culinary courses. Dedicated to the principle of sustainable seafood, he opened Chamusca in December 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Farmed Steelhead Trout Crudo
with house ponzu
Local Bluefish Ceviche
with red radish, jicama, serrano, mango, avocado, corn chips, charred coriander, and chipotle salsa
Spicy Watercress & Jicama Salad
with honey and miso dressing
Whole Fried Soft Shell Crab
with purple cabbage slaw and cayenne aioli
with house curry, coconut milk, cilantro, and lime
Chamusca's Lemon Bar
organic lemon custard on shortbread crust
92 Rivington St
New York, NY 10002
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for vegetarians. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.