6-Course Nouveau Venezuelan Dinner Series
Looking for Venezuelan food in Williamsburg? Sure, you are! Join us as we discover Casa Ora, a very new (November 2019) eatery created by Isbelis Diaz, her son Ivo, late of NoMad, and Executive Chef Luis Herrera, most recently at Cosme and Alto. Isbelis lays claim to the arepas and empanada franchise, but Chef Herrera is turning out upscale versions of traditional Venezuelan mains. Hence, the pabellon, Venezuela’s national dish of rice and refried beans with shredded beef, but now elevated with prime brisket, or scallops seared with herb and squash pesto and served with corn dumplings. Eater has just named Casa Ora to its January 2020 list of “The Hottest Restaurants in Brooklyn Right Now.” And just so you feel even better about eating here, you should know that the owners are committed to donating a percentage of their proceeds to a nonprofit that is aiding Venezuelan refugees. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Herrera will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss the culinary traditions of his homeland.
About the Host:
Originally from Caracas, Chef Herrera discovered a love of cooking only after spending his 20s as a graffiti artist. He made up for lost time, though, by sharpening his chef's skills Chef Carlos Garcia's Alto Restaurant, considered the best restaurant in Venezuela, as well as Enrique Olvera's award-winning Cosme and Brooklyn's Two Michelin-Starred Blanca. He joined the Casa Ora team as Executive Chef in 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with shredded beef, cheddar, house made guasacaca, and spicy habanero sauce
with mango, cucumber, red onion, and ají dulce
Heirloom Tomato Salad
with charred avocado, heart of palm, and red onion
with ripe plantain, guayanés cheese, caramelized coconut milk, ají dulce paste, and jasmine rice
brisket with sofrito, refried rice and beans, sweet plantain, and cheese
Mousse de Parchita
with passionfruit and salt
148 Meserole St
Brooklyn, NY 11206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Which dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate attendees with dietary restrictions at this event. No substitutions or modifications to the menu will be available.