Brooklyn Cider House
6-Course Basque Cidery-Inspired Event
Until December 2017, Brooklyn, which seemingly has everything, did not have a Basque cidery. To address that shortcoming, Chef/Owner Peter Yi, who previously ran one of NYC's leading wine retailers, has recreated in Bushwick a “sagardotegi,” or Spanish tasting room, that serves delicious unpasteurized cider, made exclusively from upstate New York apples. As for food, you’re likely to find such Basque staples as chorizo, bacalao, and membrillo. Food and Wine reports that, “Brooklyn Cider House…does an amazing job of bringing the Basque cider house experience to the U.S. in a complete package.” We'll be taking over the restaurant's private space, and Chef Yi will be on hand to talk about his field trips to the Basque country, his 200-acre farm in New Paltz where their cider apples are grown, and all the other ways that he's bringing credibility to the city's “Big Apple” moniker. Did we mention that this event will kick off with a complimentary "cider catch", where attendees will enjoy a taste of hard cider directly from cidery's production barrels?!?
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
For over 25 years, Chef Yi worked in wine; first as a wine buyer and later as owner of PJ Wine, one of NYC's leading wine retailers. Then, In 2014, after a visit to a traditional cider house in Spain's Basque region, he decided to leave the wine industry to study Basque cuisine and hard cider. Chef Yi, along with his sister, Susan Yi, opened Brooklyn Cider House in December 2017, as a restaurant, tap room and cidery. They also have a location in New Paltz, NY, where their orchard is based.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Sweet Potato Tempura
with kimchi slaw
Striped Bass Ceviche
with onions, cilantro, and jalapeno
Jamon Serrano Croquettes
fried in olive oil
White Wine-Poached Hake
with traditional basque salsa verde
Cowboy Ribeye Steak
with grilled vegetables
Apple Cider Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwich
Brooklyn Cider House
1100 Flushing Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11237
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.