DAY 1, 2nd Seating: 6-Course Butter Meets Harissa Dinner Series
This very special restaurant in North Park Hill takes its inspiration from the Barbès, a little-known neighborhood in Paris’ 18th arrondissement that is known for its North African population. Reading a menu entry like Lamb Cheek Tajine with turmeric couscous, snap peas, radishes, harissa-honey carrots, chive-mint vinaigrette feels like pure poetry. And then there’s the Alamosa Striped Bass with spiced panisse, sautéed pea tendrils, spring alliums, preserved lemon, and carrot beurre blanc. Bistro Barbès is a collaboration between owner Jon Robbins, a former chef at Mizuna and creator of Red Sauce, Souk Shawarma, and the popular pop-up Gypsy Kitchen, and Executive Chef Jacob Leonard. The Denver Post says, “Residents of [Park Hill] should be doing handstands with the arrival of Bistro Barbès. Frankly, so should everyone in town,” while 5280 calls Bistro Barbès “an endearing and romantic bistro with neighborhood charm and global soul.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Leonard will be on hand to answer your questions and walk us through the glories of North African cooking.
About the Hosts:
Chef & Owner
Chef Robbins spent the earliest years of his culinary career in Paris, where he trained at the Michelin-starred Ledoyen and La Truffe Noire. Since returning to Denver, he has built a restaurant empire with Red Sauce, Souk Shawarma, Denver Central Market's Temper Chocolates, and Bistro Barbès, which opened in April 2014.
A graduate of Johnson and Wales University, Chef Leonard cut his teeth at Atomic Cowboy's, Bittersweet, and Solera, before joining the opening team at Bistro Barbès in 2014. He has since worked his way up the restaurant's ladder to become Executive Chef.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Chickpea Panisse & Escargots
with peruvian teardrop peppers and aigo buido sauce
Moroccan Potato Salad
with spring onions, pine nuts, and lemon-herb vinaigrette
Alamosa Striped Bass
with eggplant zaaluk, tomatoes, and chermoula
Three Bean "Amandine"
with haricots verts, yellow wax beans, poached chickpeas, marcona almonds, and vindaloo vinaigrette
Braised Beef Short Ribs
with baby artichoke tagine and couscous
with chocolate ganache, blueberry compote, and candied pistachios
5021 E 28th Ave
Denver, CO 80207
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.