2nd Seating: 6-Course Filipino Meets Cuban Dinner Series
In Tagalog, “bayan ko” means “my country.” At their new Ravenswood restaurant, Chef Lawrence Letrero and his partner Raquel Quadreny are paying homage to The Philippines (Chef Letrero’s ancestral homeland) and Cuba (home to Quadreny’s relatives). Their vision is to keep their family recipes alive, while also incorporating their own interpretations of traditional dishes. Bayan Ko’s menu is best enjoyed family style. From adobo chicken wings to rope vieja, from luglug noodles to banana ketchup, the dishes are meant to complement and accompany each other, with a sense that you are sitting down to a family meal in someone’s home—someone who happens to have been, like Chef Lotrero, a Sous Chef at River North’s Untitled Restaurant, winner of a Bib Gourmand designation from Michelin. “[Bayat Ko] is one of Chicago’s best new restaurants,” says Time Out restaurant reviewer Maggie Hennessy. “I can’t wait to return.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Lotrero and Raquel Quadreny will talk about how their lives and their foods have converged.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Lawrence Letrero graduated from Kendall College’s Culinary Program before cutting his professional teeth at Chicago's Perennial & Karyn’s On Green, NYC's Per Se, and most recently as Sous Chef at Untitled Supper Club (Michelin Bib Gourmand). He opened Bayan Ko in October 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Mixed Seafood Ceviche
with sour orange, heirloom tomatoes, fresno chili, and plantain chips
Bayan Ko Bites
croqueta tots with jufran aioli, bbq pinchos, lumpia shanghai, and lola's garlic sauce
with napa cabbage, carrot, mushroom, and soy sesame sauce
Adobo Pork Belly
with garlic rice, atchara, and fried quail egg
beef brisket with maduros and black beans
flan with young coconut, red bean, and ube ice cream
1810 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.