DAY 2: 6-Course Winter Luau Dinner Series
Located in West Town, Arami melds together elements of traditional and contemporary Japanese cuisine to offer an inventive new take unlike anything else you'll find in Chicago. Executive Chef Joseph Fontelera spent years cooking in top Michelin-starred kitchens all over Chicago before taking the helm at Arami and, clearly, this experience has clearly paid -- the restaurant has garnered praise from the folks at Michelin as a Bib Gourmand for seven straight years and counting! The Chicago Tribune’s restaurant reviewer Phil Vettel says,“Arami is one of the best-balanced Japanese restaurants in Chicago… I hate when waiters tell me that "everything's good," but at Arami, that's pretty much the case.” For this event series, Chef Fontelera has decided he wants to take us on a quick jaunt away from the Chicago winter to Hawaii (a cuisine with heavy Japanese influences), for a Luau-inspired event. We'll be taking over the restaurant for this event and Chef Fontelera will be coming out of the kitchen through the evening to share stories and answer questions!
About the Host:
Prior to taking the reigns at Arami, Chef Fontelera cut his teeth at a handful of Chicago's top Michelin-starred restaurants including Momotaro, Takashi, and Mexique. Most recently, he served as Sushi Chef de Cuisine at Japonais by Morimoto under Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
bigeye tuna with papaya, shiso, and cucumber
broiled king crab with tobiko old bay aioli and cheddar bay bread
Kalua Pig and Cabbage
pulled roasted pork shoulder with braised napa cabbage and sweet brown sauce
braised spanish octopus with coconut broth and luau leaf
Chicken Long Rice
with roast chicken clear broth and rice vermicelli
sweet rice and butter flavored cake
1829 W Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.