2nd Seating: 8-Course Big Easy Nostalgia Feast
On the corner of Mission and 17th St. sits Alba Ray’s, where Chef Adam Rosenblum feeds his obsession with Cajun cuisine. What sparked this creole compulsion, you ask? Before moving to SF, Chef Rosenblum (see his full bio below) cooked in New Orleans under James Beard award-winning chef Donald Link at his nationally recognized restaurant Herbsaint. At Alba Ray’s, Chef Rosenblum offers an inventive seafood-centric menu that the San Francisco Chronicle says “successfully channels the essence of New Orleans.” His ode to the Big Easy extends beyond the food, however, as the restaurant’s wall-mounted plants and wrought iron transport guests to the French Quarter. Did we mention that Thrillist ranked Alba Ray's #2 on their Best New Restaurants '17 list?!? We’ll be taking over the whole restaurant for this event and Chef Rosenblum will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to share stories and participate in a Q&A with attendees during dessert!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Rosenblum has cooked across the country in AK, NJ, MD, and in New Orleans alongside James Beard "Best Chef South" winner Donald Link at Herbsaint. Upon arrival in SF, he first served as Sous Chef at Flour+Water before striking out on his own with Causwells, Popsons Burgers, and Alba Ray's.
The Feast Lineup
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Tasso Ham Hush Puppies
with pickled green beans and creole mustard aioli
Cajun "Scotch" Egg
with boudin sausage and spiced remoulade
Heirloom Tomato Salad
with fresh herbs, crispy okra, and melon vinaigrette
Grilled Rabbit Sausage
with creamy grits, rabbit jus, crispy parsley, and pickled mustard seed
Duo of Jambalayas
chicken and sausage jambalaya with holy trinity, and scallion puree; vegetarian jambalaya with smoked eggplant, mushroom, puffed forbidden rice, cherry tomato
with spicy cream sauce, oyster, and shrimp
Mixed Smoked Pork
with stone fruit and spaetzle
Beignets & Buttermilk Pie
with salted caramel, whipped cream, and peaches
2293 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets are non-refundable. However, you can transfer your tickets to someone else if you purchased tickets to attend this event but can no longer attend. However, tickets purchased for this event are not transferrable to future events. Please let us know in advance if you intend to transfer your ticket(s) to someone else, and provide us with the new guests’ names and emails. We will not be able to accommodate guests that are not on the guest list.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.